Sunday 9 March 2014

Models Own Hyper Gel nails review and swatches! :)


I'd hear loads of good things about Models Own's new collection of nail varnishes called 'Hyper Gel's, so when they did a 50% off sale on the website to launch the products, I knew I needed to get my hands on a few of them! They're only £5 to begin with, so to get them for £2.50 each was a total bargain. I only bought my favourite 4 out of the 10 to choose from, but I went for the four I thought I would use the most. I bought a couple of other Model's Own goodies, but for now I'll leave those until another day!


I'm really happy with how the nail polish came out. The gel shine finish really does give off the professional look of a salon finish. All these colours are literally after only two coats and they are so thick. Perfect for if you're in a rush and only have a small amount of time to throw on some nail varnish.


I decided to go for a red shade as you literally can never have too many red nail polishes! I love having red lips and nails at the same time and I feel like it literally will go with any hair colour! It's a really glamorous pin-up style red and I can't wait to wear it out :)


I've recently dyed my hair blonder and it's made me realise I love pink again (oh dear!) but I thought I may as well treat myself to a girly pink shade of nail polish. I love the bubblegum/pastel pink colour of this nail varnish and I'm sure I will be getting lots of use out of it!


I absolutely love this nude shade! I don't really own many natural coloured nail varnishes and I think this will look lovely with a simplistic monochrome outfit. It's a really lovely shade for Spring too actually and I'm sure I will get loads of use of it too!


I'd been after a white nail varnish for a while now so I was really happy that there was a bright white shade in the Hyper Gels range. I know to some people it'll look like I've just put tippex on my nails, but I really like that look! The white shade is actually the only one that I've had the chance to wear out yet, and I must admit that it did start to chip the next day BUT I do study a fashion course which requires me to be hands-on all day everyday... AND I didn't use a base coat or a top coat, so I'm definitely willing to give them another go as they're such gorgeous colours! :)



Thanks for reading :)
Which is your favourite shade out of the four I bought?
Do you own any of the Hyper Gel nail polishes?
Do you think I should do some more beauty posts on my blog?
Love Dani :)
x

4 comments:

  1. Ooo the pastel colours are lovely! But how easy is it to take the nail varnish off? I find that gel varnish's can be tough to remove :(
    Amber x (umberly,wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're okay to take off - they're definitely worth it for the lovely nail polish! :)
      x

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read and appreciate every single one!
If you have left me a question I shall answer it so please check back :)

Dani x

Twitter - @floraldanielle
instagram - @floraldanielleblog