Monday 6 April 2015

My top 5 Mac lipsticks! :)

I've been collecting Mac lipsticks for a few years now, and my collection is still relatively small to be honest, but I just love them! I've never really spoken about them before though, so I thought I would compile a blog post of my top 5! I only have a few more than this, but these are my 5 favourite that I wear on a day-to-day basis, although some are obviously more day appropriate than others!

My favourites range from light to dark, and would suit most hair colours and skin tones. I hope you enjoy my collection and it might even inspire you to add some of them to your wishlist! In my opinion, lipsticks are one of the best parts of make up, and can change an outfit or look so dramatically - I literally never leave the house without it!


Honey Love
This was actually the first Mac lipstick I bought, and it's still a favourite. I don't use it as much as I used to, but I'll still use it as a day-to-day lipstick and wear it mixed with other lipsticks too. It's the lightest shade of lipstick that I probably own of all the brands I own, and it's a lovely pale nude.


Faux
This is my current favourite Mac lipstick. I've found a lovely lip liner to go with it and have been wearing it on a daily basis! It's a bit darker and browner than the photo shows, more Kylie Jenner-esque! I really wanted to get Velvet Teddy, but with that always being sold out I opted for this, and I'm so glad I did as it suits my skin colour so well!


Please Me
This is the pinkest lipstick I own. Pink as in bright, barbie pink, as I don't really do bright pink... and it's not even that bright! It's a gorgeous shade though for when you want to feel a bit girlier, or you have a floral dress to wear out! It's not so bright though that you can't wear it to work or somewhere you have to look professional, as you can! :)


Lady Danger
I know this lipstick looks super bright in photos, but it also looks this bright in real life too! My best friend bought it for me as a Christmas present one year and I haven't looked back since! As much as I love a cherry red lip, this one looks so perfect with a black eyeliner flick and a leather jacket! It's more of a bright 'pin up' red, with a tinge of orange to it, and I always get compliments on it when I wear it out!


Media
This colour always creeps back into my make-up bag in the Autumn and Winter times. I absolutely love the colour burgundy but I feel it suits my clothes and style more in the colder months. It's a satin finish so doesn't leave your lips dry, and it can be put on really lightly or layered up to create lots of different shades. I personally love a really thick, dark look but some of you may prefer to put only a little bit of this on and blend it out evenly over your lips!

 So that is the end of my top 5 mac lipsticks! :) Three of them are matte, two of them are satin, and all five are just lovely! I'm hoping to expand my Mac lipstick collection some more, so if you can think of any which may suit me then please let me know! I'd like a matte burgundy shade and a darker red in matte also.



Thanks for reading :)
Which is your favourite of my collection?
Which is your favourite Mac lipstick?
Love Dani :)
x

59 comments:

  1. I need Honey Love!
    My favourite is Velvet Teddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very lovely! :)
      Velvet Teddy is definitely on my wishlist!
      x

      Delete
  2. love the succulents in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need Honey Love and Faux. My favourites are Brave and Diva x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely shades! :)
      Ooh I'll check them out, thank you!
      x

      Delete
  4. My favourites are Taupe and Amorous x

    www.perks0fbeingnazia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red and dark color I love !!!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool swatches and beautiful colours!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours!! 'Honey Love' looks like the perfect nude colour for your skin tone and I'm obsessed with how bold 'Media' is!! <3 Love the collection xoxo

    ♡Kudzai || NEWKIDBLOGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Lady Danger! Out of all them you mentioned, I've only heard of Faux! Love how you swatched them on your lips instead of your hand! Great post x

    Jasmine || blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faux looks lovely! Might have to get it on my next trip to mac

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing what MAC lippies people love. Faux looks right up my alley :)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lady Danger is my everything, best lipstick ever! I want to try honey love though, that looks awesome!

    Shy Girl Loud Voice

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just got faux and I love it, I now need honey love and lady danger xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honey Love was my first MAC lippie too, many years ago. Great post lovely xxx Thou Shalt Not Covet

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love mac lipsticks! One of my favourites is Brave x
    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. These all look incredible on you! I could never pull off honey love! hope you've had a good day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of these shades look amazing on you, I am loving the Faux shade in particular!

    Frankie x
    Crazyblondegal

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Media, that looks right up my street! I only have one Mac lipstick, shocking, I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely picks! Honey Love and Faux look gorgeous, my current favourites are Japanese Maple and Velvet Teddy. I just picked up New York Apple which I am yet to try but I swatched it in store and it looked super pretty! x

    Toni x
    clarkecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Honey love and please me are my fave too!
    www.jadebradymakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Media is one of my favourite shades too! It's such a great colour for autumn!

    Lifestyle Funxion

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love looking at peoples Mac lipstick collections, it really fascinates me to see what shades they have haha. Thank you for sharing lovely.

    Shannon from www.sixthskyline.com x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think I need honey love now, so pretty!! x
    eastofsiam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lady danger is a beauty isnt it?! Faux looks absolutely gorgeous on you!

    lillies and lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh I love Media! I'm a big fan of dark lipsticks, so really want to get my hands on that shade!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like the last dark plum coloured lipstick. Mac is a fab brand and I'd love to get some of their products for christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These all look fab on you! I love the media and the first two are gorgeous for day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really love Mac's shades, but I can't bring myself to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aaaagh, I love Mac lipsticks! Honey Love is really gorgeous. Going to have to go shopping now.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have never tried Mac lipsticks before, I love Faux and Please Me x

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are all gorgeous but I really like honey love! I think I might treat myself to that one!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Faux is right up my street but Lady Danger looks amazing on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lady danger is my ultimate mac lipstick!
    Great post!
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I don't have any of these exact shades but some really similar ones like rebel and velvet teddy. Love mac lipsticks x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ooo these all look incredible on you!! I have to admit I don't even on a mac lipstick for reasons I'm not even sure of myself haha! What lovely colours though I love Honey love and faux!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I LOVE the dark burgundy one. Perfect for a moody autumn kind of look.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful colours, I love the lipstick. Great post and have a nice weekend. xx

    www.annanuttall.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. The colours are amazing and they look great to go woth the darker winter wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Faux is my favourite, you could just wear it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Those are some gorgeous colours - I like Please Me best I think lovey subtle colour - I'm never brave enough to go bold.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the look of media, perfect for this autumn winter x

    ReplyDelete
  41. I have Honeylove - ultimate neutral! I love MAC lipsticks, I don't think I've ever found any as good!

    ReplyDelete
  42. They look great, I have yet to get a mac lipstick but I really do want one! Are they long-wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am a big fan of Vegas Volt and Posh Tone the most!

    ReplyDelete
  44. The only one of these I don't own is Lady Danger, although I would have to say I'm a massive lover of bright pinks and Pink Pigeon is my favourite shade although Impassioned also comes high on that list too! xx

    Charli | Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger at CHARLI B

    ReplyDelete
  45. All of these are fabulous shades, but I think the Faux and Media look amazing on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. What lovely shades I'm yet to own any Mac lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Faux looks like a beautiful shade. You really suit all those colours x

    ReplyDelete
  48. Some gorgeous shades here I'm loving the cherry red shade!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love the look of the Honey Love and the Lady Danger!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I've not tried any of these. I love the look of Lady Danger. My favourite is Mocha. I've almost finished my second one of these.

    Ami xxx
    www.ami-rose.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. he colours you have are really good and they all look amazing on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  52. Oh wow what a fantastic collection, I love the Lady Dancer shade - my kind of lippy

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  53. I've never tried a Mac lipstick, how terrible is that?! I love the look of Faux! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read and appreciate every single one!
If you have left me a question I shall answer it so please check back :)

Dani x

Twitter - @floraldanielle
instagram - @floraldanielleblog